This course is for farmers across the country. By completing this course and exam, you can earn a composting certificate.
Why might you want to complete this course?
- you may be missing out on a business opportunity
- you can avoid long-run problems by implementing Best Management Practices now
This course comes to you from the Animal Science Program at Rutgers Cooperative Extension with help from the Rutgers Office of Continuing Professional Education. You can go anywhere in this course any time you want by using the Toggles below on this page.
- Marketing Your Manure -- Know who's buying what and why in the compost market.
- Recipe for Quality Compost -- If you don't understand the science of composting, you just have a stinking pile of dung.
- Tasty Compost? -- At the end of process, is your compost up to snuff? Read and understand the report the connesseurs consult.
- Composting Site Selection & Protecting the Environment -- The guidelines will make your operation more efficient and safe.
- Mortality Composting -- This module features Jean Bonhotal, our friend, colleague, and composting guru from Cornell.
- Exam -- If you want credit for completing the course, answering these questions will show your mastery of the compost pile.
Looking to get NJ certified? Check out our On-Farm Composting course for New Jersey farmers!
This program is brought to you by: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Department of Animal Science and Office of Continuing Professional Education), the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, and the New Jersey Department of Agriculture. Copyright 2014.