Forum 4.1 Your behavior influences?

View

Forum 4.1 Your behavior influences?

Explore influences that may have affected your own behavior. This provides practice in thinking about the types of information you may need to understand about your audiences in order to prepare learning opportunities for them.

Your situation affects how you understand your own behavior. How people interpret the results of their own behavior informs and alters their environment and personal factors; which, in turn, informs and alters subsequent behavior.

My interpretation of the impact of what I do

affects my environment and personal factors

affects my next decisions.

How does the factor that you described in Activity 4.1

• Affect how you evaluate your own work performance?
  • Influence your ideas about the next step in your career?

In Activity 4.1 you chose one aspect about your situation – your economic condition; your socioeconomic status; or your family structure – and described how that aspect affected your character – your aspirations; your belief in yourself; your personal standards; or your emotional state.

Now, take the next step. How does your situation and a quality of your character

a) affect how you evaluate your own work performance; or

b) influence your ideas about your career? Reflect on who you are and why you do what you do. Try to capture the three-part dynamic of behavior summarized above.

Write a short forum entry summarizing your response. Click on an existing discussion or start a new topic. Learn about behavioral influences by sharing your ideas and reading responses from other course participants.

List of discussions. Showing 2 of 2 discussions
Status Discussion Started by Last post Replies Actions
Picture of Deleted user
Deleted user
Picture of Deleted user
Deleted user
Picture of Deleted user
Deleted user
Picture of Deleted user
Deleted user